Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sweet Mister Harles

Brian and I had leftover pumpkin and gave it to the pugs recently as the first pumpkin of the year! We put it in their dish...

Then, we topped it with kibbles.

We starting thinking, and hypothesized that Harley hasn't ever had pumpkin with us! We went pumpkin crazy last year in early fall, but fell off right around October. So, I had to record this special moment.

Yummy!

"Seriously Mother, leave me be to eat my kibbles!

I am so glad Harles is my little baby. I love calling him "Mister Harles," pronounced more like "meeeester harrrrrlezzzz!" I obviously don't have a picture of this, but he found his sleeping "place" recently. I noticed he tried to get under the blanket whenever he was given the chance. Recently, I decided to let him go under the top blanket- and he fell asleep like that, under the comforter, on my legs! He just loves to burrow for some reason! Now every night he just begs to immediately get under the blanket and scurries to my feet. There are no words to describe how adorable this is!

Harley isn't like the girls, who give kisses and get in your face for attention. He's more cumbersome and private, and never gives kisses. But he follows me everywhere and "guards" me in the shower. When Brian takes them outside, he runs to find me to make sure it's ok, until I say "go, go ahead outside!" and he runs to find the others. I love that all our puggies are different, but lovable in such amazing ways!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Pumpkins! Nummertons!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

hmmm...gonna have to talk to mom about this pumpkin stuff, it looks yummy.

Yoda & Brutus

Dutch the Pug said...

Harley sounds like such a sweet guy! Pumpkin season is ohh so much fun! I didn't know puggies would like to eat them!

Mia said...

I'm gonna have to get withe momma about the pumpkin!!! I need to get me some of that =)
Your puggies are all sweet and wonderful in their own special ways!! We are glad that you gave them a furever home =)

Lilo

Liss said...

You captured what it's like to be owned by a pug.

Hank said...

Good ol' Harles J.

I'd say he loves his mom I tell ya what!

BRUTUS said...

Just one more great thing about fall - pumpkins!!
My old Duncan was a cover-burrower too. And Brutus does a pretty good job himself. I used to get pinned in one spot with one of them on either side of me! I love to cuddle with Brutus, and look forward to having my other "bookend" again when I get another Frenchie (hopefully next spring)

Michelle & Brutus

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Mmm. This pumpkin stuff looks pretty tasty. I DEFINITELY have to talk to Mom about this. (And ask her why she hides all these tasty goodies from me!)

*kissey face*
-Fiona

dw said...

Oh yum, pumpkin!! He sure does look like he's enjoying it! I love the story of his under the blanket foot snuggle! So sweet.

Jessie from Canada said...

My Bugg Winston burrows under the covers every night too. Does Harley stretch out during the night & try to push you off the bed too?

Oakley and Swisher said...

Wow that punkin looked yumm we have to talk mom into getting us some.

Lots of Licks--
oak and swish

sharkgila said...

Isn't it adorable how each and every one of your babies have their own quirky personality?

-Togo, Tagar & Gamby's Mommy

Nevis said...

Nummy! And Harles is a cutie! I know what you mean about each of the pugs being different personalities and finding joy in the differences. :)

Kelly said...

Harles! You are such a little sweetie pie!
I am a burrower myself. I sleep under the covers every night!! Now I just need to get momma to give me some punkin'!

Murphy Dogg said...

All I gotta say is that boys love their mamas.

Stubby said...

That pumpkin looks delicious! I've never had pumpkin and I'm going to have Mom go buy me some tomorrow.

Harles is a cutie and he knows it. I too like to burrow under the covers but Mom and Dad say that I'm a little furnace and I heat things up too much.

Stubby xoxo

Salinger The Pug said...

Mmmm PUMPKIN...nom nom nom!!!!

Meeester Harles is DEFINITELY a very sweet mama's boy gentlepug! We love his little grunting pig noises!!!!

I didn't know he was a burrower too! It's nice to know that Salinger is the only crazy Pug out there giving his mom constant heart attacks because she's worried he's going to smother under all the blankets!!!!!

Kisses to Harles (when the girls aren't looking!)

Love,
S-Dog

Joe Stains said...

Pumpkin is the very best thing in the whole world. I am definitely a burrower too, its the best way to sleep.