Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Google Reader Trends

I'm glad you guys enjoyed Harley's post! He's such a gentleman, is he not?!

Most of you probably know that I use Google Reader to track my blogs. Some of you probably might start using Blogger's version, but I like Google Reader for a few reasons:

1. I'm on gmail all the time
2. My calender is a google calendar too
3. It lets me track all sorts of blogs, not just blogger- wordpress, or any website you frequent (I like mentalfloss.com!)

Today it gave me the coolest thing (well I read about it-) you can get graphs of your "trends" and also for the trends of your subscriptions. For example:

This blog tracks the time of day, blue being blogs I subscribe to posting, and red being me reading those blogs. I love how you can tell what the first thing I do every morning is!!!! It's very interesting, so if you use Google Reader, hit "trends" and check it out! My trends tell me that: "From your 73 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 707 items."

Man, I must really like you guys!

6 comments:

The Devil Dog said...

That is interesting. Mom will have to check it out.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool!!
And Harley is very dignified.. I am sure Sophie will straighten him out shortly. :)

Three Pugsketeers said...

I'm still learning how to use blogger, up until I found all these wonderful puggie blogs I'd been doing my personal blogging on Livejournal. So much to learn!!

Clover said...

That's pretty neat! I might try to use Google reader instead of Bloglines...
And I loved Harley's post! He is so adorable. Annie sent him a great sweater! (She is the best, thanks for introducing us to her!)
Jess, Clover's mom

Nevis said...

We like you, too!!!

Molly the Airedale said...

We use bloglines but we'll have to check out google reader!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch