Pug Momma here. I'm super sick, in fact, too sick to pick up a camera and take pictures of the pugs! But I've been working on this meme about Christmas that Ladypug Mugs posted. Enjoy!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, it's so much more exciting.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I've never had anything but a real tree. EVER. Until this year. Growing up we had a 12 foot tree in our "big living room" as we called it (the formal, sunken living room.) Now that I live with Brian, and am out of college, etc, we haven't bought our fake one yet, but we're going to have to get a cute little fake one. I don't feel like vacuuming pug hair AND pine needles daily.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving, but it has to be in December. Or it feels weird.
4. Wreath on your door? I would like one, but I'm lazy. Growing up we had a huge wreath that was more of a horseshoe and stretched probably 8 feet tall and 10 feet wide, that we put over the entrance to our porch. Very nice.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, just SOUNDS gross.
6. Favourite Christmas gift received as a child? HAHA. I remember being excited about getting a beret one year. I also have photos of us being VERY excited for our first color printer.
7. Easiest person to buy for? No one!!! I suck at gifts!
8. Least easiest? My sisters. I hate buying stuff that they don't want or need, or have too much of. They live too far away to be a fly on the wall and see what they need.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, but we used to have one or two sets when I was little, I loved playing with them.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I'm actually doing some this year!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A patchwork bohemian vest (trust me, not cute) from a crazy aunt.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation, hands down. I love funny movies and this one does it for me!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Ugh, always too late.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of. I usually either like and use what I get, or store it away never to be seen.
15. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!
16. Lights on the tree? HAVE to be white. I think that colored lights are sooo tacky. Not that I don't appreciate them in/on other peoples' houses, but I always have to have everything match nicely, and I think white is a great, simple compliment.
17. Favourite Christmas song? Anything by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. YAY! Or classic choir hymns.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer staying at home, which is why we do Thanksgiving in NJ, and stay in Indy for Christmas.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixin, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, and Rudolph. I think!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We changed it up, usually it was an angel. But our work has a bowl that has ribbons going down, I like that and may try it.
21. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Pancakes for breakfast!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I've seen so much stuff on the news about atheist organizations being mad about the Holidays and putting up their own ads saying "God isn't real" or other stuff to display their freedom of speech... but to me it's like, well, if you don't believe in religion or a God, then you have nothing to celebrate, so don't take it out on us!
23. Favourite Tree ornament, theme or colour? PUGS. Enough said.
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? I love Yorkshire Pudding, it's disgusting that I like it because I think it's made from like beef drippings in the pan, but its just yummy. We used to eat at our neighbor's house each Christmas and that's what she made that I adored.
25. Brussels Sprouts - love or hate them? Hate.
26. Favourite accompaniment to the Christmas Pud? Not sure what this means at all!
27. Favourite Christmas Carol? Any! I love carols! And I love the use of "deck the halls" in that Dell commercial... FA LA LA FA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!!!!!
28. Your very Favourite Christmas Thing? Definitely time off to relax and spend with loved ones!
29. A Christmas wish! That lots of lonely doggers will find homes for the Holidays.
30. Tag a Seasonal Six!
I tag anyone who hasn't done this! Feel free to do it whenever you get in the spirit!