Monday, January 12, 2009

A Scawy Vet Visit

Mommy took me to the vet today. I've been peeing a lot since I always have to pee and it hurts a little. I peed on Mommy and Daddy's bed and Mommy noticed it had like a fine sugaryness in it. She said it was crystals and took me to the vet. We had to do a lot of waiting. Look what I saw while I was there:

Ideal weight of a pug 14-18 pounds?? I'm 16 pounds and people think I'm tiny. This does not seem right!!

We also saw a sign that reminded Mommy and me of our Airedale friends!

I was very anxious to talk to the doctor. She was the same one who took care of my mast cell tumor. She told us she was very concerned, that I have had a UTI before this year and that my pee pee was full of white blood cells and crystals. Last time, there were no crystals, which means I am worse. She was worried I could have stones inside me. I said I wasn't eating any rocks but she said I could still have them- I was pretty sad. They had to take me back for X-Rays. I've never had one before and it was really stupid it was just like a picture. She showed Mommy the pictures and lucky me there were no stones!!!!!

We were happy that there aren't any stones. I have antibiotics though and now I have to eat new food. And I get very sad when I think about this- no treats for a few weeks!!!!!!! Ugh! But then I will stop peeing in the house so Mommy and Daddy will be even happier. That's better than treats!

15 comments:

Brutus and Miley said...

YAY no stones. I had to go 6 weeks without treats once. You'll do ok!

Clover said...

Oh Sophie! I am glad your are all done your vet visit and you do not have any stones. Sending you some extra hugs today!! Don't worry about treats right now (try not to) and maybe you will get even more when you are allowed again!!
Love Clover xo

Pug Posse said...

Oh Sophie, Pippin wishes he could give you some kisses and snuggles to make you feel all better! Thank goodness you don't have stones...you better be all well by the next meetup!
Pug hugs and kisses!
The Pug Posse

Kelly said...

SOPHIE BFF!! I had NO idea you were having pee-pee problems! I mean, I knew you liked to leave some sprinkles around the house, but I never thought it could mean you are SICK!

Should I fly to Indy tonight and nurse you? Are you allowed to have margaritas??

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh Sophie...how scawie...but at least there are no rocks in there! That would be way icky! Feel better soon sweet girl!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so glad to hear that you don't have stones, Sophie! We hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Archie and Melissa said...

hi sophie!
oh we are so glad there were no stones. your mom and dad take such good care of you. i bet you will love your new food!
xo
m & e

Joe Stains said...

We are glad to hear no stones! Those must be TERRIBLY painful. We are sending you healing vibes.

Salinger The Pug said...

Oh my poor Sophie Puggy Muffin!!!

I hope that you're ok and enjoying your new food.

Maybe we can book some time at the spa together soon? ummm..you know...one of those couples treatments maybe?

Love,
Your S-Dog

Jemima Jones Beck said...

I sure am glad that you don't have any kidney stones, but UTI's suck anyways - those antibiotics taste BAD!
Hope that you feel less crystally (I made that word up - hehehe) soon!
Love,
Jemima Jones Beck

Unknown said...

Oh, we're so glad they didn't find any stones, Sophie!! I wish my old poo poo vet had just done that with Clementine from the start of her UTI's almost a year ago!! Instead they wanted to do this and that and this and that and run a hundred OTHER tests that cost MONEY and never once did an X-ray to just see if there were stones!!!
Anyways, that's another story. We're glad you're OK and that your vet has a BRAIN and a mortgage payment that they can afford without ripping off their clientel.

Eduardo said...

Glad there weren't any stones!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Nevis said...

Hoooray 4 Sophie! No stones! :) So cute!

The Devil Dog said...

Yeah, no stones. That is good news. A UTI is no fun though. Please take your meds like a good puggie and you will get better soon.

:)
Roxy

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. There's nothing sadder than an ill puggy. My Mama and I are thinking about you and hope you get lots and lots of hugs.